Dentures Candidates - Who Qualifies for Treatment?
Adult tooth loss is a dental problem with serious consequences. Aside from the obvious effects that tooth loss has on the appearance of the smile, missing teeth can make it more difficult to eat, chew, and speak. It also increases the chances that surrounding teeth will cave in and the structure of the mouth will be compromised. Dentures replace missing teeth so patients can once again enjoy an attractive smile that is fully functioning. For dentures candidates in the Fort Worth area, the experienced dentists at Texas Denture Clinic can provide effective treatment.
Are Dentures Right for Me?
Patients who have suffered the loss of adult teeth now have more restorative treatment options than ever. It is important to consider each of these treatment options in order to determine the one that is best suited to your unique needs and desires. Dentures are a great treatment option because they work for just about anyone. Because we offer both traditional and implant-supported dentures, patients are likely to be candidates for treatment. Both traditional and implant-supported dentures offer a wide range of benefits to patients and are ideal for:
- Patients missing a large set of teeth
- Patients who have lost an entire arch of teeth
- Patients looking to replace all of the teeth
- Patients who have jaw bone structure that is substantial enough f to support a denture or dental implant
- Patients whose remaining natural teeth and gums are in good health
Any patient who has such severe tooth loss that the strength, function, and appearance of the smile have been compromised is a likely candidate for dentures treatment. Out dentists can examine the teeth and gums to determine if dentures are a good treatment option.
Traditional vs. Implant-supported Dentures
Patients must decide if traditional or implant-supported dentures are right for them. In many cases, this decision will come down to whether or not a patient is an ideal candidate for implant-supported dentures. However, if both are an option, patients should consider cost, security, and durability.
- Cost - Implant-supported dentures require oral surgery and are, therefore, a more costly treatment option than traditional dentures. However, many patients find that the additional benefits of dental implants are worth the extra cost.
- Security - Traditional dentures now fit patients more comfortably and securely than ever before, but implant-supported dentures offer the added security of being anchored to the jawbone. They will never slip or shift out of place.
- Durability - Dentures are durable, but are likely to require replacement at some point. For those with implant-supported dentures, the dental implants themselves should last a lifetime, meaning that only the denture fabrication may need to be replaced at some point.
At Texas Denture Clinic, our dentists are experts in the dentures treatment process. If you’d like to know if you are an ideal candidate for dentures treatment, or if you are interested in learning more about the differences between traditional and implant-supported dentures, we are here to help. Contact us at your earliest convenience to find out more. We look forward to hearing from you.