Dental Crowns in Fort Worth, TX
A natural-looking solution to fixing damaged or lost teeth
We understand the impact a beautiful and healthy smile can have on your confidence and overall well-being. That’s why we are dedicated to providing exceptional dental restorations, including the placement of dental crowns. Whether you require a dental crown for cosmetic purposes or to restore the functionality of a damaged tooth, our experienced dentist in Fort Worth is here to guide you through the process with compassion and expertise.
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns, also known as dental caps, are custom-made restorations that are designed to cover a damaged or weakened tooth completely. They are crafted from high-quality materials such as porcelain and ceramic resin, ensuring both durability and aesthetic appeal.
Dental crowns serve multiple purposes, including enhancing the appearance of a tooth, providing strength and protection to a weakened tooth, restoring the shape and size of a tooth, and improving its overall functionality.
At Texas Implant & Dental Center of Fort Worth, we offer a range of crown options to suit your specific dental needs, ensuring that you can achieve a natural-looking and long-lasting smile.
When Would a Crown Be Recommended?
Our experienced Fort Worth dental team may recommend a dental crown to address various issues. Here are some common situations in which a crown may be recommended:
1. Tooth Decay: When a tooth has significant decay that cannot be effectively treated with a filling, a dental crown may be recommended to restore its structure and function. The crown helps to protect the remaining healthy tooth structure and prevent further deterioration.
2. Cracked or Broken Teeth: Teeth that are cracked or fractured can be susceptible to further damage and infection. A dental crown can provide strength and stability to the damaged tooth, allowing for normal chewing and biting without the risk of further breakage.
3. Root Canal Therapy: After undergoing root canal treatment, a tooth may become weak and more prone to fractures. Placing a dental crown over the treated tooth provides reinforcement and protection, increasing its longevity.
4. Cosmetic Enhancements: Dental crowns can also be used for cosmetic purposes. They can effectively improve the appearance of misshapen, discolored, or severely stained teeth, providing a natural and aesthetically pleasing result.
5. Dental Implants: When a missing tooth is replaced with a dental implant, a crown is typically placed on top of the implant to create a fully functional and natural-looking tooth replacement.
Overall, dental crowns are versatile restorations that can address various dental concerns, ranging from functional issues to dental implant restorations.
Types of Dental Crowns
At Texas Implant & Dental Center of Fort Worth, we offer a variety of crown options to meet the unique needs and preferences of our patients. These options include:
1. Porcelain Crowns: Porcelain crowns are popular due to their natural appearance and ability to closely mimic the color and translucency of natural teeth. They are an excellent choice for front teeth and highly visible areas.
2. Ceramic Crowns: Similar to porcelain crowns, ceramic crowns are also known for their lifelike appearance. They are durable and resistant to staining, making them a reliable choice for both front and back teeth.
3. Zirconia Crowns: Zirconia crowns are highly durable and resistant to chipping or cracking. They have a tooth-colored appearance, making them an ideal choice for patients seeking a strong and esthetically pleasing restoration. This is our top choice for patients requiring dental implant restorations due to its longevity.
During your consultation, our dentist in Fort Worth will assess your specific needs, taking into consideration factors such as the positioning of the tooth, your budget, and your aesthetic preferences. We will then recommend the most suitable crown option that will provide optimal functionality and enhance the beauty of your smile. Rest assured, our team is committed to utilizing the highest quality materials to ensure long-lasting and natural-looking results.
Which Crowns Are Best For Implants?
At Texas Implant & Dental Center of Fort Worth, our experienced dentists utilize the LAVA all-ceramic crown for anterior implant restorations. The LAVA crown is a highly regarded option for its exceptional esthetics and durability. This all-ceramic crown is carefully crafted using advanced CAD/CAM technology, ensuring a precise fit and a natural-looking appearance that seamlessly blends with your existing teeth.
The LAVA crown is an excellent choice for anterior implant restorations, as it provides optimal esthetics while maintaining the strength and longevity required for long-lasting results.
In cases where more stability is required, such as posterior teeth, our Fort Worth dentist utilizes zirconia implants. Zirconia implants are known for their exceptional strength, durability, and biocompatibility. These implants are made from zirconium oxide, a highly durable ceramic material that offers excellent resistance against fractures and corrosion.
Zirconia implants provide the necessary stability and strength needed for posterior teeth, which endure greater chewing forces. Additionally, they offer natural aesthetics as their white color blends seamlessly with the surrounding teeth, enhancing the overall appearance of your smile. These implants have been extensively tested and proven to be a reliable solution for long-term success in replacing missing posterior teeth.
What To Expect
When getting dental crowns at Texas Implant & Dental Center of Fort Worth, you can expect a comprehensive and personalized treatment experience. Here’s what you can anticipate:
Initial Consultation: Your journey begins with an initial consultation with our experienced Fort Worth dental team. They will carefully examine your oral health, discuss your concerns and goals, and determine if dental crowns are the appropriate treatment for you. This consultation may include X-rays or digital scans to assess the condition of your teeth.
Treatment Planning: Once it is determined that dental crowns are the recommended treatment, our team will create a customized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs. This includes selecting the appropriate type of crown, discussing the timeline and estimated costs, and addressing any questions or concerns you may have.
Tooth Preparation: Before placing dental crowns, the affected tooth (or teeth) will undergo careful preparation. This involves gently reshaping the tooth to create space for the crown and ensuring a proper fit. In some cases, a local anesthetic may be used to ensure your comfort during this process. For patients getting dental implants, your placement surgery will take place prior to the crown placement.
Impressions & Temporary Crowns: After tooth preparation, our team will take impressions of your teeth. These impressions serve as a guide for creating your custom-made crown. While the permanent crown is being manufactured, a temporary crown will be placed to protect the prepared tooth and maintain aesthetics and functionality.
Crown Placement: Once your permanent crown is ready, you will return to our office for its placement. Our dentists will carefully check the crown’s fit, color, and aesthetics before permanently bonding it to your prepared tooth. Any necessary adjustments will be made to ensure a comfortable bite and optimal appearance.
Post-treatment Care: After crown placement, our team will provide you with detailed instructions on how to care for your new crown. Regular oral hygiene practices, such as brushing and flossing, as well as routine dental visits, will help maintain the longevity and health of your crown.
Throughout the process, our compassionate team will prioritize your comfort and answer any questions you may have. We are committed to delivering exceptional results, ensuring that your dental crowns not only restore your oral health but also enhance the beauty of your smile.
Alternative Options To Crowns
While dental crowns are a common and effective dental restoration, there may be situations where alternative treatments can be considered. Here are a few alternatives to dental crowns:
1. Dental Bonding: Dental bonding is a conservative treatment option that involves applying a tooth-colored resin material to the affected tooth. It can be used to repair minor chips, cracks, or discoloration. Bonding is a quick and cost-effective solution, but it may not provide the same level of durability and longevity as a dental crown.
2. Dental Veneers: Dental veneers are thin porcelain or composite resin shells that are custom-made and bonded to the front surface of the teeth. They can effectively enhance the appearance of teeth by improving their shape, size, color, or alignment. Veneers are primarily used for cosmetic purposes and can be a less invasive alternative to dental crowns.
3. Inlays and Onlays: Inlays and onlays are custom-made restorations that are used to repair larger cavities or replace old fillings. They are typically made from porcelain or composite resin and are fabricated in a dental laboratory before being bonded to the affected tooth. Inlays and onlays preserve more natural tooth structure compared to dental crowns while still providing strength and protection.
4. Dental Implants: In cases where a tooth is severely damaged or missing, dental implants may be considered as an alternative to dental crowns. A dental implant involves the placement of a titanium post into the jawbone, which acts as an artificial tooth root. An implant-supported crown can then be attached to the implant, providing a permanent and natural-looking replacement for the missing tooth.
It is important to consult with your Fort Worth dentist to determine the most suitable alternative treatment based on your specific dental condition and goals. They will conduct a thorough examination and discuss the pros and cons of each option to help you make an informed decision.
Ready to Transform Your Smile With Dental Crowns in Fort Worth, TX?
Experience the difference of a restored smile with Texas Implant & Dental Center of Fort Worth. Schedule a consultation today and explore the various dental crown options tailored to your needs. Let our skilled team transform your smile and provide you with a lasting, beautiful, and functional restoration.